Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Archie Panjabi Talks About 'The Fall' and Mentions Jamie


Archie Panjabi has confirmed that she won't be returning to The Fall for its much-anticipated third series - but will be tuning in as a fan.

The actress played inscrutable pathologist Tanya Reed Smith in both series, who went on to have a flirtation with Gillian Anderson's enigmatic DSI Stella Gibson.

The Good Wife star told Digital Spy of her departure: "Sadly, the schedules didn't work out with that, but I absolutely will be tuning in to watch it, as not only am I a fan of the show, I'm good friends with Gillian and very fond of Jamie [Dornan] and the team.

"So I'm looking forward to that, which I think is out soon."

On working with Anderson and Dornan - who plays serial killer Paul Spector - she continued: "It was excellent.

"Gillian's a lot of fun, very intelligent, has great ideas and creates a lovely atmosphere on set. Same with Jamie - I had less time with Jamie but still we had a good amount of fun on set.

"When you can have fun on set it just makes the job a lot easier. I believe your performances are much better as well if you have a good chemistry with the other actors.

"I'm a big fan of the team so I look forward to seeing that."

BBC Two confirmed earlier this year that the BAFTA-nominated thriller will come to an end after series 3 later this year.

DS Tom Anderson (Colin Murray) is set to return, along with series regulars John Lynch (Jim Burns), Valene Kane (Rose Stagg), Emmett J Scanlan (Glenn Martin), Stuart Graham (Matt Eastwood), Bronagh Waugh (Sally Ann Spector) and Aisling Franciosi (Katie Benedetto).

No comments:

Post a Comment