Monday, September 14, 2015

Director Alexandre Aja Talks About 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax'

You are now finishing a new movie, The 9th Life of Louis Drax, based on a book, too. What can you tell us about it?

Alexandre Aja: One day, while filming Horns, I talked with Max Minghella - who plays an important role in the movie - about his father Anthony Minghella, the director of 'English Patient'. He told me that his father had always wanted to adapt this book. He also told me that the story is amazing and he wanted me to direct it. Of course, it was a big challenge because Minghella was an amazing director. So, I read the book and I thought that the story was so original and new that I started to write the script with Max almost immediately.

We finished the filming the last Christmas and now we are in the post-production process. We want to finish it this fall. It is so different, not only from Horns: it is the last thriller movie I've done, although it doesn't mean it's the last one I will ever going to do, but I think that my next project will have nothing to do with it. Each time I do a new movie, my goal is to film a story that can be worth it, to do something new... in order to not feel like you're always doing the same.


Source | Thanks to @FannyNoSe for translation ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment